Welcome to the British Photographic Exhibitions (BPE) official website.
"The BPE exists to encourage photographers to enter exhibitions and to recognize successful entrants via the issue of the Crown Awards photographic distinctions. Exhibition members share ideas, promote each other's exhibitions and generally work together to promote competitive photography."
This site aims to inform photographers about the exhibitions that are part of the BPE circuit including the dates they occur, whom to contact for each exhibition and where possible, provide downloadable information such as entry forms and promotional posters.
We are often asked how to set about gaining BPE Awards.
For those starting from scratch the system is as follows.
- You need to enter any of the BPE member exhibitions listed on the BPE web site. These can be found in the Exhibitions section on this website where you can either download an entry form or find out where you can obtain one via the web site of the club whose competition you wish to enter.
- With every photo that you have accepted in an exhibition you accrue one point.
- When in the first instance you have accrued 25 points you can apply to the BPE Awards Officers (Alison and Andy Fryer) for the One Crown Award. The address to send your application to is BPE Crown Awards Officers, 38 Oldacre Lane, Brocton, Stafford, ST17 0TW
They will send you an application form to fill in listing the year, exhibition, section & numbers of acceptances.
- Following their verification of the form you will be sent your Certificate & Ribbon & be entitled to use “BPE1*” after your name.
- You can continue this process until you reach “BPE5*” for which you will have to have gained 300 points. You are then eligible for ABPE (Associate) and FBPE (Fellow) which you may then apply for.
- There is no charge for any of these services, except for the individual exhibition entry fees payable to BPE club exhibitions which you wish to enter.
The BPE currently consists of 22 members exhibitions. These are typically organised by either a single photographic club or by a number of clubs in the same geographical area.
1. Bebington Salon of Photography
2. Beyond Group Open Exhibition
3. Bromsgrove Open Exhibition of Photography
4. Cotswold Salon (Monochrome)
5. Dingwall National Projected Image Exhibition
6. GDPU Digital Exhibition
7. Great Barr Open Exhibition
8. Great Barr PS Panels Exhibition
9. Guernsey Salon of Photography
10. Havant National Open Exhibition
11. Rushden Open Photographic Exhibition
12. Shrewsbury Open Photography Exhibition
13. Solihull Open Exhibition of British Photography
14. Southport National Open Exhibition of Photography
15. Vale of Evesham National Photographic Exhibition
16. Basingstoke Camera Club Exhibition
17. Yardley Photographic Society Exhibition
18. Robin Hood Open Digital Exhibition
19. Frome Wessex Salon of Photography (NEW 2012)
20. Hornbill Challenge Exhibition (NEW 2012)
21. Clay Cross National Projected Image Exhibition (NEW 2012)
22. SRGB Photo Group - Print Celebration (NEW 2013)
Chairman Roy Millett presenting retiring Awards Officers
Marion & Cliff Thompson with a memento from
BPE for all their work over the last 20 years. (Sept 2012)
The list of exhibitions menu gives details of members' exhibition dates and links to websites for further information on individual exhibitions.